When you apply for the Champion First Time Home Buyer program you get the very best service and all with no bank closing costs. Once you apply, your Champion Loan Officer will guide you along the path of homeownership. As long as you listen to your Champion Loan Officer and do as instructed you will be a new American Homeowner without question.
But you must work with your Champion Loan Officer and together your dream of homeownership will come true. Keep in mind we will match you with the best Champion Loan Officer we can find and it is their job to help you so feel free to ask them any questions or concerns you might have.
Highlights of the Our First Time Home Buyers Program:
- No Minimum Credit Score – The Champion program does not have a minimum credit score requirement. The Champion underwriter will evaluate the entire credit profile to determine the borrower’s likelihood of repayment. Past credit issues may be overlooked if new credit has been re-established. Also, other compensating factors may apply.
- Bankruptcy Not An Issue – Chapter 7 bankruptcies are allowed if discharged over 2 years ago (or 1 year with extenuating circumstances). Chapter 13 bankruptcies are allowed with a minimum of 1 year of on time plan repayment and trustee approval.
- Little or No Money Needed – Mortgages for Champions loans allow the seller to pay up to 6% of the sales price toward the closing costs. In addition, you may also be able to take advantage of down payment assistance programs and buy a home for no money out of your own pocket!
Housing History– Champion does not require a rental or other housing history if it is not available.
- Non-occupying Co-borrower Allowed – Mortgages for Champions allows a non-occupying relative to co-sign the mortgage. The non-occupant’s income and assets can be used for qualification purposes. This is generally used for parents to help their children buy a home.
- Property Types – 1-4 unit, condos, and town homes are allowed.
- No cash reserves required – Unlike most conventional loans, the Champion program does not require you to have cash reserves on 1-2 unit properties. However, having reserves can help strengthen the overall credit profile.
If you have questions or would like to get more information, please fill out the form on this page, or call us at (888) 886-5829.